July 22, 2013
Ever since we saw Catherine Deneuvue in "Belle Du Jour" (OMG have you SEEN this movie yet?) we instantly fell in love with her! Not only do we envy her thick blonde locks (and her killer body!), we also love her classic French style oomphed with a little glamour.

So now...a short little bio about our vintage muse, Catherine Deneuve!

Catherine Deneuve was the child of two actors and made her film debut at the young age of 13. She worked steadily for many years, landing small roles but her big break didn't come until 1964 when she starred in a musical called The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. She went on to become very successful working with big names including Roman Polanski and Luis Bunuel. She had a long successful career and is one of only 12 french actresses to be nominated for an Academy Award, her nomination in the Best Actress category came in 1992 for her work in Indochine. In 2008 she was honored at the Cannes Film Festival with the 61st Festival de Cannes Award along side Clint Eastwood.
Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source | Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source | Source

"I'm not always the nicest person to meet, because I forget very easily that I'm an actress when I'm not working. I live very normally, I go out with my friends, we go to the movies, I queue, we go to restaurants. Then if something happens to remind me that I'm an actress then I become a little different and things become a little heavy. I like the advantages; I know it's not right but I like being famous when it's convenient for me and completely anonymous when it's not." - Catherine Deneuve

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

Vintage Style Muse: Catherine Deneuve
Source

2 comments:

  1. ah what a refreshing comment by the actress on being famous! Great post, I have never heard of her, she reminds me a little of Sharon Tate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are wonderful!

    charlotte x
    www.sewmuchvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee