February 22, 2013
After some debate over wether or not I should go forth and add new clothing to Adored Vintage, the A|V Modern collection is now finally live with a sampling of 6 starter pieces! I wanted to stay very true to the AV aesthetic: feminine, classic & wearable. I often wear vintage and modern together and it has always been my style philosophy that vintage can be worn seamlessly with modern clothing. In choosing the first few pieces for the A|V Modern collection (and all the beautiful vintage inspired clothing that is to come...) I kept in mind the characteristics I look for when shopping for vintage.

SHOP A|V M O D E R N



Does it wear well? Is it timeless? Can it be worn in the next couple of years? The woman that wears the clothes from the vintage inspired collection has classic and feminine tastes with just a touch of bohemian. She's Anthropologie meets Madewell. She's the kind of woman that can throw on our classic Birkin grey tee with a novelty print 50s skirt and sandals and head to the farmer's market. She can slip into our blue jersey Shrimpton dress and go from brunch with girlfriends to a romantic date along the pier.



Every piece of garment (and soon accessories) hints at vintage or is inspired by our many vintage fashion icons and Hollywood stars such as Jane Birkin, Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn, Lillian Gish, Lily Elsie, and Katherine Hepburn.

It's vintage meets modern and I hope you adore it as much as I do!

SHOP A|V M O D E R N

5 comments:

  1. oooh love all these collages. That blush dress is my fave.

    xoxoo
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! i used to work at a clothing shop in winnipeg and they too go to the tradeshow in vegas to pick out new pieces.

    i'm excited for your new venture! modern and vintage really do go hand in hand. can't wait to see what other pieces you pick in the future. i like how you're showing inspiration you've picked from old hollywood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome collection.Hats off to your work .How amazingly you write concept of clothing in broader way.Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your blog! I'm a new fan!

    XOXO - Mirthe

    whitetulipsandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee