January 11, 2009
You wouldn't think that CHLOE is a classic vintage staple since the label really only blew up a few years ago when the Paddington and Silverado bags became the "It Bag" and absolute must have. This was during the design reign of Phoebe Philo who, in my personal opinion, did amazing wonders for the CHLOE brand.

But just a little background tidbits on the fashion house...
  • Founded in 1952 in Paris by Gaby Aghion and Jacques Lenoir
  • Chloe means "young, green shoot" in French
  • Their first collection debuted in 1956
  • In the 1970s Chloe became internationally known thanks to Karl Lagerfeld
  • Lagerfeld was head designer for Chloe from 1966 to 1983
  • Guy Paulin, Martine Sitbon, Stella McCartney (daughter of Beatle's Paul McCartney), and Phoebe Philo, and Paulo Andersson became later designers for the Chloe label
  • The current designer is Hannah Macgibbon


Kate Moss wearing Vintage Chloe Jeans


Sarah Michelle Gellar in Vintage Chloe Tiered Dress

4 comments:

  1. I love Chloe. It really is amazing when you look at the names that have designed for this house. Amazing goods.

    Great blog btw. Similar dressing style to mine so I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Dress looking quit and lovely
    http://www.dolcefugo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all those dresses where can I buy this online?


    Maria[seersucker suit]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee